BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
40 hours, location Rotterdam
Codrico Rotterdam B.V. is a global oriented plant-based-ingredients company, located in Rotterdam. Raw materials such as cereals and pulses are processed into high quality, sustainable ingredients for food applications. Codrico’s global customer base is located over 50 countries on 5 continents.
Codrico enables a successful career by encouraging ambitions. New ideas and initiatives are most welcome while the organization will assist with the execution. Codrico encourages out of the box-thinking and initiative within people. As a result, working for Codrico involves multiple working activities and provides an interesting professional environment. This creates a steep learning curve within and outside of your core activities.
Codrico’s culture can be described as informal and customer-focused where we work as a team to get the best job done for an interesting portfolio of customers. Employees share common values such a commitment, drive, ownership and a good focus on teamwork.
Codrico is looking to hire an experienced professional to drive growth of our 3 year business strategy.
This individual will primarily be responsible for developing new and existing customers by creating customized solutions, enabled by a basic knowledge of process- and food technology. In case of non-core segments, co-developing with external partners will be applied. This developing stage is followed by commercializing projects with a strategically chosen price- and service level agreement.
Once commercialized projects are in place, activities such as improving products, updating annual contracts and maintaining excellent customer relations are also part of the job.
Job-content of business developer:
- Develop and execute against go to market strategy to increase sales into targeted sales channels
- Working with customers, prospects and partners to develop new customer solutions and/or replace existing products based on deep customer- and product knowledge
- Decide on customer based and/or segment-based pricing strategy
- Develop relationships with 3rd party manufacturing and or distribution partners
- Assist in the development of the strategic reviews to advance the company's mission and objectives
- Build a deep understanding of the market and competitive landscape of pregelatinized food ingredients into various food segments such as Bakery, Soups and Sauces
- Analysing results versus budget / target and initiating corrective action plan
- Supporting the research and development department in order to communicate quickly and adequately in case of new business, quality issues or other remarks
- 10 year sales and/or business development experience in food-ingredients segments
- Proven success in business development and/or sales within the B2B food ingredients industry
- A solid network in European food-industry
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in food- or agricultural-related education
- Strong business drive and – acumen in order to identify the right business cases quickly
- Basic understanding of starch- and preferably high-protein food industry
- Understanding long sales cycles
- Basic understanding of food-application
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Strategic thinking and structured problem-solving approach
- Ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to travel internationally as required (no more than 30%) and a frequent presence at international trade shows
- Professional fluency in English
What we offer
A full-time position with competitive salary and bonus package. Salary will be determined by candidates’ industry knowledge and experience and based on the current market benchmarking rate. An opportunity to shape and improve activities that make an impact to the success of the company.
Codrico is located downtown Rotterdam and is easily accessible by car and public transport.
Additional information and direct applications
To get more information on this vacancy please connect with Sebita Badwal (HR) or Gerben de Vries (hiring manager), (010) 290 66 66. You can send your resume and/or motivation letter to email@example.com